We will post our Cosplay Contest Information for BOTH our Cosplay Contest as well as our Cosplay Swimsuit Contest as we receive it! If you have any questions, please feel free to email Jamie at: email@example.com. Thanks!
1. Magic City Con is a family-friendly convention. Please use common sense, be considerate of other attendees, and be aware of your surroundings.
2. Cover your body parts. "No costume" is not a costume. "Paint" and/or "pasties" are not a costume either. No intentional or unintentional "wardrobe malfunctions" are allowed. Please make sure your costume is sturdily constructed. This includes proper undergarments. If your costume is deemed to be too revealing or offensive, you will be asked to cover up or change.
3. Protective footwear is highly recommended, but not required.
4. All military, law enforcement, and other emergency service costumes should be easily distinguishable from official uniforms.
5. Hate symbols, even historical hate symbols like swastikas, will not be tolerated.
6. Roller blades, roller skates, and skateboards will not be allowed in the event center spaces.
7. Stilts are allowed, as long as you are wearing them.
8. No signs offering services or making requests to be hugged or touched. We want everyone to feel comfortable.
9. Per Galleria Mall Rules, MASKS COVERING YOUR FACE AND WEAPONS ARE NOT TO BE WORN IN THE MALL. Please keep this in mind when visiting the food court or shops inside the Galleria or when traveling from any of the parking locations to the convention floor throughout the weekend.
10. There will be a Cosplay Coat Check as well as a Cosplay First Aid location on-site. Please utilize these FREE services throughout the convention weekend, and especially for your masks/weapons when visiting the interior of the mall.
If you have any questions about your specific cosplay, please contact Jamie Phelps at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No functional weapons are allowed at Magic City Con.
*All costume weapons must be inspected at the Weapons Check on the first floor of the Atrium before entering the Convention floor.
*All costume weapons must conform to state and federal law.
*Projectile costume weapons must be rendered inoperable.
*Functional (real) arrows must have their tips removed and be bundled and zip tied to a quiver.
*Costume swords must be tied to your costume in such a way that they can't be drawn.
*After your costume weapons have been checked, they will be tagged by security, and you will be given a wristband to wear to designate that your weapons have been checked.
*Security will escort you to the Weapons Check for inspection if your costume weapon is not checked.
Our Cosplay Coat Check is for all of our Cosplayers! Have a weapon or an item of your costuming you don't want to carry around all day? Don't want to worry about coming straight from work and changing in the parking lot? Don't want to leave your make-up bag or heat sensitive items in your car all day in the summer heat? Then our Cosplay Coat Check is for you! Cosplay Coat Check is a secure room where you can check your items and continue on with your Con adventures worry free! There will also be a separate changing room available for those not staying in the hotel that need a place to get changed. You may check your items in and out as many times as needed.
*There is no fee for this service!
June 21 - 23, 2019
The Hyatt Regency Birmingham - Wynfrey Hotel
*Military Discount Available*
(Ages 6 - 11)
We also have the following Groups available to join on Facebook:
Bioware @ Magic City Con: Bham click here!